You know that feeling when you just find that recipe that you KNOW will be making it on the rotation? This Instant Pot gyro recipe is just one of those recipes. So EASY to make especially with the Instant Pot and so delicious with the homemade tzatziki sauce. These are fantastic to make for lunches throughout the week too, just keep all of the ingredients separate and put together when it is time to eat! Also a fantastic potluck or “take them a meal” dinner! Just throwing that out there…I always like bringing meals like this to a gathering, because then I know there is something healthy I will be able to eat. Just a little tip…bring the “healthy” dish to the potluck or event so you will have a for sure item to eat while eating clean!
Instant Pot Gyro Lettuce Wraps
Yield 6 servings
These Instant Pot Beef Gyros are a quick meal filled with clean ingredients and veggies–and they're 21 Day Fix friendly!
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast (thinly sliced) I trim the fat a bit also
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Large lettuce leaves for the wrap
- Sliced carrots
- Sliced onions
- Sliced bell peppers
- feta cheese Optional
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber peeled (seeded and chopped)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tbsp dried dill
- Turn Instant Pot on saute and let the pan warm up. When it's warm, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of the pan and let it get hot.
- Add 1/2 of the sliced meat, and seasonings to Instant Pot. Sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the seared meat and set aside. Add 2 more tbsp of olive oil and the rest of the seasonings. Sear for about 2 minutes on each side, then remove. Now add the onions and let soften for about 2-3 minutes. Remove the onions and set aside separately. Add all the meat back into the instant pot. Keep the onions out (you will want them less "cooked")
- Pour lemon juice and broth over the meat. Give the meat a quick stir, then lock lid into place. Turn the steam valve to sealing. Using the Meat/Stew preset cook the gyro meat for 11 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 3 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure using the quick release method. *note Add the onions to the meat before putting on the lettuce wrap.
- While the gyro meat is cooking mix together the Tzatziki sauce and slice your vegetable toppings.
- To make your gyro layer the lettuce then a bit of the Tzatziki sauce, Then add your meat and veggies. Optionally you can add some feta cheese on top.
*This can be made in a slow cooker by cooking the meat in the spices and broth for 7-8 hours on low heat. (slice meat before hand and sear slightly if you have time, if not no big deal). Saute the onions prior to serving the meat so they aren't mushy from cooking in the slow cooker all day. Trust me they are tasty with a little bit of a crunch and not overcooked.