Sweet potatoes are likely one of my favorite foods to work with when it comes to making new recipes! They are incredibly versatile and SO SO SO delicious! You can prepare them sweet or savory! I especially love stuffing them with protein like this buffalo chicken. This is such a filling lunch too which makes it such a great choice especially if you are trying to stick to your 2018 health resolutions.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Yield 2 servings
Tasty, filling and easy to make! you could even prep the chicken ahead of time and pre-bake the sweet potatoes in order to have this ready for lunches throughout the week. Simply keep the chicken mixture separate from the sweet potato to avoid getting soggy. Also add hot sauce to your desired spicy level.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 large can of cooked chicken (or 2 cups of pre-cooked chicken, shredded)
- 1/2 any color bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 large avocado (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- hot sauce for garnish
- Pre bake the sweet potatoes in the oven OR, in the microwave (this is my method of choice), sweet potato should be warm, chicken mixture should be cold.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the sweet potato and hot sauce, mix well
- Stuff each sweet potato with half of the chicken mixture and drizzle hot sauce on top.
*optional top with a few blue cheese crumbles and green onion for an ultimate buffalo chicken experience